Monday, June 21, 2010

What and How we teach

For the TN law, it states that we must homeschool at least 4 hours a day and 180 hours a year. We homeschool longer than that, but the law only cares if you make that 4 hours. **Every state is different, check with your local state laws to see what you are required to do. Some states don't have a limit while others do.**

I created my lesson plan sheet on my PC using Microsoft Works Word Processor, which came with the HP computer that we got.

This is what it looks like:


I just print them out and fill them out by hand. Then use my 3-hole punch to punch the holes in them so I can easily put them into my binder when the week is finished.

After printed them out, I prepare them and when I have that child's week done, I have a set of regular file folders that I write the week's dates on the tab in pencil, (so I can erase when that week is done and write the next week's date on them) and I place the sheets in there. I paperclip together the lesson plan sheet, which is on top, then any other worksheets that they may have. That way they have all of the work for that week clipped together.

I normally prepare about 3 months worth of work at a time. So I am prepared if something goes wrong, like I become sick or hurt, their work is ready for them. For an example, this past year I caught a very nasty flu and was basically bed-ridden for a month or so. But, my kids' lesson plans were already prepared, so we didn't get behind in any work.

***CW on the sheet above means Creative Writing. LA on the sheet above means Language Arts. Our Activity time differs from week to week. One week it is Spanish, the next is Keyboard, the next is Art, and the next is Poetry.***

No comments:

Post a Comment